13 oz Dark Chocolate (I used 72%) Chopped
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
¼ Cup Almonds chopped into small pieces (Approx. 35 Almonds)*
2 Tbsp Shelled Pistachios chopped into small pieces (Approx. 28 in Shell)*
1 Tbsp Cashews chopped into small pieces (Approx. 7 Cashews)*
¼ Cup Dried Cranberries chopped into small pieces**
¼ Cup Dried Blueberries chopped into small pieces**
*Nut mixture should add up to ½ Cup total when chopped you can change the types of nuts as desired
** Dried Fruit mixture should add up to ½ Cup total when chopped you can change the types of fruit as desired
NUT BUTTER FILLING
½ Cup Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1 Tbsp Maca Powder or other powdered supplement
Salt to Taste
Chopped Dried Fruit
Dried Edible Flowers
Chocolate Molds or Mini Cupcake Pan
- In mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients for the nut butter filling.
- Once the nut butter mix is thoroughly combined into a thick paste like consistency spoon out 24 balls approx. 1 ¼ tsp in size, adjust size as needed to use up all mix. Flatten balls to be just smaller than the size of the tin you are using.
- In double boiler heat up all the chocolate until melted, spoon out a thin layer into each muffin cup. Let the bottoms firm up for about 5-10 minutes before proceeding.
- While waiting for the bottoms to firm up add the rest of the Chocolate Mixture ingredients to the double boiler. Mix to combine thoroughly with the melted chocolate.
- Once the chocolate cup bottoms have set slightly add one nut butter center to each cup, making sure to center in the cup.
- Fill the cups with the chocolate mixture, covering the nut butter center and filling the cup. To make sure every cup has enough chocolate cover all the nut butter centers first and then go back to add extra to each cup.
- While the chocolate is still warm garnish with your choice of toppings. For visual effect use toppings that stand out from the chocolate like bee pollen, coconut, and pistachio bits.
- Let the cups cool and firm up in the refrigerator for a few hours until firm. Un-mold when firm and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Photography & Content Copyright© Candiss Koenitzer 2016